Increase Employee Motivation – Part 2
Continuing on from Part 1, let’s continue to look at ways to increase employee motivation across your organization. Our goal is to provide, 20 low-cost strategies that will keep your staff engaged and inspired.
Here are the next 10 ideas to increase employee motivation and get you thinking how your company can up its game….
- Invite fitness instructors (yoga, pilates, boot camp, etc.) to come in a teach classes on a regular basis.
- Negotiate corporate discounts for health club memberships for staff.
- Hold staff fund-raisers for local charities and causes.
- Have a game or activity room where employees can take a break and let off steam, with a foosball table, pool table, or darts.
- Encourage “pot-luck Fridays” or something similar on a weekly or monthly basis in the lunch room for staff to socialize.
- Have an anonymous suggestion box and encourage employees to make their opinions and concerns heard. More importantly, follow-up to suggestions by communicating via the company intranet site, or newsletter.
- Promote professional development by implementing bi-annual training days, with local professionals such as Life Coaches, Communications experts, Nutritionists, or motivational speakers.
- Create more opportunity for staff to feel heard by management, with regular meetings for a clear assessment of employee satisfaction, workload management, and their career goals.
- Encourage the use of all vacation days and arrange for adequate coverage in all departments, so employees don’t feel pressured to never be able to take time off.
- True leadership naturally inspires motivation, so invest in the management and communication skills of your corporate leaders. It starts at the top!
As you can see, there’s plenty of ways to increase employee motivation creating a motivated team of rock star employees. Remember, when in doubt just ask them!
What are you waiting for? Make 2016 your company’s year to turn a corner in the wellbeing of your employees, and creating a healthy corporate culture.