Corporate Gifts: Sacred Summer Essential Oil
What comes to mind when you think of corporate gifts?
Perhaps coffee mugs, t-shirts and mouse pads leftover from an event.
You may even think it’s a random bake good, bottle of wine or random product that is branded with a company logo or image. All of these are right and that’s what I think of too.
When I worked at various organizations, we were given leftover branded merchandise from events. That was cool to use at work, but I’ll be honest rarely did I use it publicly.
Do you think it would make a difference if the corporate gift you received was personalized to you and what you like? I think it would go a long way.
In today’s world, we have to show our clients and employees how much we appreciate and value them. No matter what industry you are in – you are dealing with people.
And everyone wants to be appreciated, heard and feel like they are a valued member of the team that’s making a difference.
The sad truth is not many employees are feelin’ the love.
- A study of over 1,700 employees conducted in 2012 by the American Psychological Association (APA) indicated that more than half of all employees intended to search for new jobs because they felt underappreciated and undervalued.
- According to a recent OfficeVibe study, 63% of employees feel like they do not get enough praise.
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the number one reason people leave their jobs is because they “do not feel appreciated.”
I ended up creating an essential oil that was a creative outlet for me at a difficult time in my life. My grandma passed away and then I ended up in the hospital for a week. I was a bit stuck, emotionally, so I had to figure out a way to deal with it all.
I ended up creating Sacred Summer, an essential oil blend that is a tribute to my grandma and all the summers I spent in Florida growing up as a kid. You can read the story and check out all the details, here. After I created it, I knew I wanted to share it.
I decided that it would be a great fit with my corporate wellness business because I believe:
- We need to reduce the number of toxins we are exposed to on a daily basis and at work is no exception.
- We need to use organic cleaning products, paint and eco-friendly materials to build our offices.
- Plants need to be added to give the space life and energy (plus it oxygenates the air and can reduce noise when strategically placed).
- Most companies cannot use candles due to the fire hazard it creates. Instead, most use toxic air fresheners and wall plug-ins. I believe essential oils should replace this junk because essential oils smell good and are beneficial to our health. They are even proven to improve mood, productivity and stress. It’s one of those win-win solutions.
Sacred summer uses all organic and wild harvested ingredients. Plus, the ingredients are all oils most people can tolerate and don’t impact allergies.
These make great corporate gifts and giveaways because it’s something so unique and memorable (plus I have white label options for you to personalize it even further).
If you add a hand written note with it that is personalized to each individual. I personally believe that it goes a long way because you put more thought into it.
If you want get some ideas on how to create a successful rewards and recognition program, click here. I also discuss corporate gift ideas that cost little to no money.
I know essential oils sounds like an odd corporate gift to some; however, think of the benefits. If it is something that improves the mood, productivity and stress levels in your office then isn’t that worth it?